Moving Tips Twin Cities, MN
Robinson Moving is an experienced moving company in the Minneapolis & St. Paul, MN Twin Cities metro area. We know moving can be stressful, hiring us can help ease those worries and make your move as seamless as possible.
As you prepare for your move, here are some moving tips we’ve learned throughout our 65 years:
- Make a supply run first
- Start packing early, don’t leave it all to the last minute
- Pack out of season clothing and items first that you are already not using
- Pack items you use the least leaving the daily items until moving day
- Empty drawers of anything breakable or that could spill
- Blankets, sweaters, towels, etc may be left in drawers
- Pack similar items together – plates and bowls in one box, pots and pans in another
- Keep all parts needed to assemble furniture together in a sealed bag
- Keep all bags of parts etc, together somewhere that will be easy to get to once the move is complete
- Wraps items in clean paper
- Place newspaper in a layer or two for cushioning
- Heaviest items on the bottom
- Wind up any cords so they do not dangle
- Do not overpack boxes, make sure they are easy to lift
- Try to organize boxes by room and write what is inside on the outside of each box
- Mark the boxes you need to unpack first with a sticker or a bright color
The best tip we can give is to hire Robinson Moving for your next commercial or residential move. We take the stress out of moving by packing, loading, unloading and assembling for your convenience.
For more information and a free estimate, please call us at 763-566-8955.